Treasuredays’ Treasure Hunt blog - where to eat after the Soho hunt
Our Soho treasure hunt finishes in Chinatown's Gerrard Street; and as we are always being asked by teams where they should eat, we have decided to compile a short list for different specialities. Here, in no particular order, are our recommendations.
Culinary delights - Chinatown treasure hunt
For Dim-Sum team snacking: New World, 1 Gerrard Place, W1D 5PA
When there's lots of you gathering, then it's the perfect opportunity to get over-ordering at this joint. Full trolley service, tremendous amount of choice. Try it all!
For Peking Duck addicts: Four Seasons, 12 Gerrard St, W1D 5PR
THE place for duck: 4 branches now, and they take great pride in training the chefs to perfection in the traditional Hong Kong preparation of the duck. Astoundingly crisp and melting, sensational stuff.
For Gastronomic Pioneers: Mr Kong, 21 Lisle St, WC2H 7BA
Yes it is an institution and you've been going there forever. But ignore the set stuff for once and consider that Kong has the widest list in town. Try ordering off-piste for an adventure, such as duck webs, braised fish head, or jellyfish. 'Dragon's Whiskers' are pea shoots, btw.
Soho treasure hunt snaffles
For a blood-sugar fix on the run: Golden Gate Cake Shop, 13 Macclesfield St, W1D 5PR
Over 80 different types of bun, cake & pudding. Self service, no seats, excellent value.
For a small meal on a tight budget: Little Lamb, 72 Shaftesbury Avenue, W1D 6 NA
Here everyone will cook their own morsels of choice Mongolian-style in a table-hotplated stockpot. It isn't a large place, so not for the bigger hunt events or corporate hunt catering.
Our latest tweets
Tweets by @treasuredays
- Launch of Edinburgh Old and New Town treasure hunts - 02/08/16
- Launch of Bristol treasure hunt - 22/10/15
- Launch of Canary Wharf: Docklands treasure hunt - 18/05/15
- Launch of Cardiff treasure hunt - 29/03/15
- Launch of Glasgow treasure hunt - 19/09/14
- Seaside treasure hunts - special offer for summer 2014 - 01/07/14
- Launch of Fitzrovia treasure hunt - 27/09/13
- Launch of Thames riverside treasure hunt - 06/09/13
- Launch of East End treasure hunt - 22/07/13