Treasuredays Treasure Hunt blog - places to eat on the St. Paul’s hunt
The St. Paul's & City treasure hunt is one of our most popular, and so we are often asked for recommendations of where to stop for a bite to eat. The route takes players through the tiny winding back lanes, courtyards and little churchyards of the ancient city, and is circular in starting and finishing at St. Paul's Cathedral. Both of today's recommendations are very close to the Cathedral, and so useful for teams meeting up at the end of the treasure hunt.
Cathedral restaurant - St. Paul's treasure hunt
It seems to be quite a well kept secret that St. Paul's Cathedral actually has a very nice restaurant of its own. The lunch menu is quirky and imaginative, but why not meet up for their afternoon tea? An interesting range of loose-leaf teas are available (ever had 'Gunpowder Green'?), sandwiches include Chalk Farm smoked salmon on Hoxton Rye, and there is a variety of cakes and scones to muse over. For those preferring stronger stuff, a flute of English sparkling wine may just help recovery.
St. Paul's treasure hunt - recommended pub
One of the best food pubs on the hunt is the Fuller's-owned Shaw's Booksellers, so named following the 1997 Merchant-Ivory film 'The Wings of the Dove', where the building was set-dressed as a bookshop. Quality beers and wines are a given here, with a very modern British menu. Example dishes include roast hake and white beans on a chorizo and squid broth, or calves liver with cavolo nero and a fried egg. A glass of prosecco to celebrate getting round the hunt comes in at under six quid here, which for the City is not bad!
Our latest tweets
Tweets by @treasuredays
- Launch of Edinburgh Old and New Town treasure hunts - 02/08/16
- Launch of Bristol treasure hunt - 22/10/15
- Launch of Canary Wharf: Docklands treasure hunt - 18/05/15
- Launch of Cardiff treasure hunt - 29/03/15
- Launch of Glasgow treasure hunt - 19/09/14
- Seaside treasure hunts - special offer for summer 2014 - 01/07/14
- Launch of Fitzrovia treasure hunt - 27/09/13
- Launch of Thames riverside treasure hunt - 06/09/13
- Launch of East End treasure hunt - 22/07/13