Seaside treasure hunts - special offer for summer 2014
Summer has arrived, and Treasuredays is launching a new special offer on some of our seaside treasure hunts. During July and August there will be big reductions on both the full and family packs of 3 different treasure hunts.
Full will be reduced by over 42% from £35 to £20, while family packs will be just £10 instead of £18.
Throughout July 2014, this offer applies to our Rye, Southwold and Dorset: Isle of Purbeck treasure hunts.
Rye treasure hunt
Rye is a small town in East Sussex which retains a unique quirky charm. It was an important member of the Cinque Ports confderation during the middle ages, and later a haven for smugglers such as the notorious Hawkhurst Gang who used a secret passageway between the Mermaid and Olde Bell Inns. You can find out about all this and more when you explore the town on with our treasure hunt.
Southwold treasure hunt
Southwold in Suffolk is another small seaside town with a fascinating history. Our treasure hunt ends on Gun Hill where you can see an array of cannons and look out over Sole Bay, the site of a naval battle against the Dutch in 1672. Another highlight on the route is the Adnams Brewery - why not try a pint of their much-loved bitter in the Lord Nelson next door.
Dorset: Isle of Purbeck treasure hunt
Our Isle of Purbeck treasure hunt starts in the at small port town of Wareham. Then it's on the road for a stop in the quaint little village of Corfe, overshadowed by the ruins of Corfe Castle where king Edward the Martyr was murdered in 978. The final stop is the popular holiday destination of Swanage where we explore some of the seafront. There's also a memorial here to Alfred the Great who fought a naval battle against the vikings in the bay.
Our latest tweets
Tweets by @treasuredays
- Launch of Edinburgh Old and New Town treasure hunts - 02/08/16
- Launch of Bristol treasure hunt - 22/10/15
- Launch of Canary Wharf: Docklands treasure hunt - 18/05/15
- Launch of Cardiff treasure hunt - 29/03/15
- Launch of Glasgow treasure hunt - 19/09/14
- Seaside treasure hunts - special offer for summer 2014 - 01/07/14
- Launch of Fitzrovia treasure hunt - 27/09/13
- Launch of Thames riverside treasure hunt - 06/09/13
- Launch of East End treasure hunt - 22/07/13